64-bit Updates Done!

We just released updates for Blow Up 2, Snap Art 2, Image Doctor 2, and Xenofex 2. All currently shipping Alien Skin products are now 64-bit compatible on both Mac OS X and Windows!

You can download the latest installers from our downloads page.

On Mac OS X, the updates only support the Intel platform, so PowerPC users should not update.

About the Author:

Finley Lee is the CEO of Alien Skin Software. He's a hobbyist photographer, electric bass player, video gamer, bread baker, and experienced napper.

17 Comments

1. dan December 25, 2010 at 5:17 am

perfect

2. Seth Anderson December 30, 2010 at 10:17 am

Yayy!
    You had mentioned earlier that Snap Art 3 was close to release – has there been an unforeseen delay?

• Jeff December 30, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Snap Art 3 is still at least a few months out.

3. Simon Schollum December 31, 2010 at 12:54 am

Yay! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you – Good work team – a lot of work engineering this and very much appreciated.

4. Dennis January 7, 2011 at 5:18 am

Will there be a 64bit-update for BlowUp 1 on CS5?

Dennis

• Jeff January 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm

No. We only converted the latest versions of our products to 64-bit. I am sorry, but we simply do not have time to go further back than that. A 64-bit update is a major rewrite of a product, especially on the Macintosh.

Consider upgrading from Blow Up 1 to 2. The upgrade is $99 and you will get some great new features. Also, you can use coupon code QUICK64 for 15% off. The code will work until Tuesday, January 11, 2011.

One warning, our 64-bit versions do not work on PowerPC Macintosh computers. Do not upgrade if you are using an old G5 Mac!

5. Ron Herrmann January 13, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Am I correct in assuming that we just install them from scratch?
    That we don’t have to install from the CD first, and then install these 64-bit versions?
    I hope that any necessary instructions come with these updates, so it doesn’t take 2 hours and 3 e-mail conversations to run the updates.

• Ron Herrmann January 13, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!
      Just installed 4 Alien Skin plug-ins in under 20 minutes (including the download time), and it WAS A PIECE OF CAKE!
      Thank you Alien Skin – you NAILED it!!!
      (sorry for the all-caps, but I thought it would not offend).

• Jeff January 14, 2011 at 11:09 am

Hehe, I’m glad it was so easy. We recommend uninstalling before doing a new installation, but it usually works fine to just run the new installer. That usually overwrites anything old.

I’m actually not a fan of keeping CDs around. Those old installers cause a lot of tech support because they contain old bugs that we have fixed recently. You can always get the latest and greatest from our downloads page.

6. Tyrone Geter January 14, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I am having a bit of trouble running blowup on my mac. I am using CS5. Every time I try to use it, it locks photoshop so that I have to restart it. Right now I can not use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Tgeter

• Jeff January 17, 2011 at 10:39 am

I bet our tech support team can help you. Please go to http://support.alienskin.com and click on Submit a Request. We need the basic information in that form to give you a helpful answer.

7. daniel vautour February 8, 2011 at 12:04 pm

how do i install eye candy bundle 5 on photoshop cs5?

• Jimmy February 9, 2011 at 9:45 am

Hi Daniel,

If you are ever in need of assistance, please visit our support area. Once you fill out a request we’ll be able to help you out as quickly as possible.

Here’s a link:

8. Darren May 24, 2011 at 7:41 am

I’ve always had issues with snap art 2 working in 64 bit mode, so I downloaded the new version 2.1.1.1029 and now it states it’s not a valid win32 application. I tried running it as an admin too…

9. George Probst October 31, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Late to the party here, but I noticed that prior to being discontinued a 64-bit compatible version of Xenofex 2 was made available, but it’s not longer listed on the downloads page. Is this available anywhere on the site?

10. RobertL October 31, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Hi George,

64-bit versions of Xenofex 2 is still available to customers who have previously purchased it. Since it has been discontinued it is no longer listed on the site for download. If you have previously purchased Xenofex 2 just send an email to Support@alienskin.com and we will send you a link to download the most up to date version of the software prior to it being discontinued.

Thanks,