64-bit Update for Eye Candy 6

We just released a new version of Eye Candy 6 with improvements for 64-bit platforms. You can download the update from our downloads page.On Windows, the update fixes a rare crash when running the filters in 64-bit versions of Photoshop.

On Mac OS X, the update adds support for Photoshop CS5 running in 64-bit mode. It only supports the Intel platform, so PowerPC users should not update.

We are finishing up work on 64-bit updates for Blow Up 2, Snap Art 2, Xenofex 2, and Image Doctor 2 and are on schedule for release by the end of the year.

About the Author:

Finley Lee is the CEO of Alien Skin Software. He's a hobbyist photographer, electric bass player, video gamer, bread baker, and experienced napper.

10 Comments

1. James Godwin December 5, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Impact doesn’t seem to be there!

• Finley December 6, 2010 at 9:50 am

The update is for Eye Candy 6. We don’t have plans to update older versions of our products for the Mac 64-bit platform.

2. Richard Killeen December 15, 2010 at 4:48 pm

eye candy does not work on a mac pro quad core intel xeon with 12 gb memory running photoshop cs5. eye candy 5 using cs4 does.

• Jeff December 15, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Eye Candy 6 should work on Photoshop CS5 on both Mac and Windows. Perhaps you tried it before our recent 64-bit update. You can grab the latest version at our download page. If you still have trouble then submit a support request at our support site.

3. Richard Killeen December 15, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Just tried it again today, have also put in support requests, they got it to work on an imac but it worked very slowly on the file I uploaded, the same file that eye candy 5 and cs4 processed in under a minute. The problem has something to do with the way the updated plugin now accesses the memory. It just means I have to stay with cs4. Besides cs5 for mac does not have the lighting effects filter for some reason. Buyer beware I suppose.

4. Richard Killeen April 29, 2011 at 12:34 am

I wish to report that I have managed to run eye candy on my mac pro and CS5. All that was needed was 20 gb of memory and moving the slider to memory and not speed, woopee.

5. Jay January 16, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I have a version of Photoshop CS4 on a flash drive (not on my computer’s hard drive). I run it from my external with no problem. I downloaded Eye Candy and it won’t work. I’m running 64-bit Windows Vista. I’ve looked all over for instructions on how to make it work and nothing will help. Photoshop won’t even recognize that it’s there. I’ve tried moving .dll files and moving Eye Candy’s contents to different folders as instructed by different sites on the net but nothing is happening. What do I do to make this work? Thank you.

• Robert January 16, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Hi Jay,

I have opened up a support ticket with you. Please check your email so that we can begin resolving your issue.

Best regards,
      Robert Lounsberry

6. Renee July 3, 2013 at 4:24 pm

your program requirements state windows 7. Do you have a version of eyecandy that works with windows vista and CS5 64 bit?

• Robert July 3, 2013 at 4:32 pm

While Windows Vista is not officially supported, it should work just fine. If you run into any problems just submit a support ticket, and we will do what we can to assist you.

Comments are closed.