Alien Skin Software Ships Eye Candy 5: Impact
Raleigh, NC (July 12, 2005) – Alien Skin Software today announced the release of Eye Candy® 5: Impact (Impact), a set of 10 plug-in filters for Adobe® Photoshop® and other compatible host programs. Impact creates chrome, bevels, glass buttons, perspective shadows, and more. The third of three upgrades to Eye Candy 4000, Impact features three new filters-Backlight, Brushed Metal and Extrude-and seven reincarnated Eye Candy classics. Graphic designers, digital photographers, and Web content creators will appreciate Impact’s versatile and beautifully rendered effects.
Backlight projects dramatic light beam and spotlight effects from behind any selection. NEW
- Bevel carves and embosses, creating buttons and eye-catching text with custom bevel shapes and surface textures.
- Brushed Metal simulates textured metal surfaces such as brushed aluminum and polished brass. NEW
- Chrome creates a reflective, embossed effect, simulating chrome, liquid metal and other shiny surfaces.
- Extrude gives 2D objects a classic 3-D look, adding thickness and perspective. NEW
- Glass renders a colorful, gel layer over selections and makes great translucent buttons.
- Gradient Glow creates soft glows or hard outlines around any selection, including subtle single color effects and complex gradients.
- Motion Trail creates the illusion of rapid movement, even in a curved line.
- Perspective Shadow renders an easy-to-use array of drop, perspective and cast shadows.
- Super Star generates a wide variety of shapes, including stars, flowers and gears.
Version 5 refines the features of Eye Candy 4000 and supports the latest digital imaging innovations. Impact uses familiar keyboard shortcuts and is scriptable with Photoshop actions. Presets provide over 200 quick and easy effects. An improved settings management system makes it easier to browse, share and add presets. Impact works with 16-bit and CMYK images. So color transitions are smoother, with less banding, and print documents reproduce colors more accurately. Unlimited undo and redo make experimentation painless, while context-sensitive help addresses user questions.
Impact is the third Eye Candy 5 plug-in collection. The first, Eye Candy 5: Textures, was released in 2004 and produces a variety of seamless textures such as snake and lizard skin, fur, brick, stone and wood. Eye Candy 5: Nature followed in 2004 and creates fire, smoke, rust, ice, snow and more.
Pricing and Availability
The estimated street price for Impact is $99. Registered users of other Alien Skin Software products receive discount pricing when ordering direct. Online delivery is available at the Alien Skin Web site: https://www.alienskin.com. Impact is also available worldwide through stores, catalogs and resellers.
Impact is a plug-in; it must be used with one of the following: Adobe Photoshop 7 or later (including CS 2), Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 or later, Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004 or later, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 or later, or CADlink SignLab 7.5.
Windows users must have at least a 1 GHz Pentium III processor, 256 MB RAM and Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Macintosh users must have at least a 500 MHz PowerPC G3 processor, 256 MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later (including Tiger).
Makers of award-winning plug-ins since 1994, Alien Skin Software writes and sells filters that users love.
Copyright © 2005 Alien Skin Software, LLC. All rights reserved. Alien Skin Software is a trademark of, and Eye Candy is a registered trademark of Alien Skin Software, LLC. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners. We will never wear suits.