Title: C++ Image Processing Engineer
Company: Alien Skin Software
Location: Raleigh, NC or remote
Alien Skin Software has been profitably making photography software for 25 years. Our products make pictures beautiful and our customers love them. We offer a relaxed but professional environment with excellent benefits. We don’t have investors or debt, so decisions are based on long term profitability and the welfare of our customers and employees. It’s a great place to work.
You will be taking state-of-the-art research from top-ranked publications and translating them into cutting edge products that make beautiful pictures for our customers. RAW photo processing, edge-aware brushing and masking, GPU acceleration, chromatic aberration correction, panorama stitching, HDR, face recognition, and machine learning are just some of the projects we have lined up. We create software for use by real working photographers, so you’ll also assist in deploying your code to macOS and Windows computers using Qt.
Don’t imagine yourself sitting in a cubicle writing Matlab code. You must be an expert C++ programmer who can implement robust multi-threaded algorithms that take full advantage of modern desktop computer architectures. You will work in a collaborative environment with other developers to build reliable products.
The position is in Raleigh, a charming city full of great food, parks, and museums. We will pay for relocation expenses. Or, you could work remotely — several of our team members already do.
- Expert in image processing
- Expert in C++ programming
- M.S. or equivalent level of Computer Science
- M.S. or equivalent level of Math (linear algebra, numerical methods, calculus)
- Great at finding solutions in the academic literature and adapting them
- 5+ years of commercial software development
- Experience with GPU programming
- (helpful) Good understanding of photography and the imaging pipeline
- (helpful) Experience with Qt
- (helpful) Windows and Macintosh development experience
- (helpful) Previous experience in an agile/scrum environment
- (helpful) Previous experience working remotely
- (helpful) Avid photographer
- Very competitive salary
- Relocation package if needed
- We pay for 100% of health insurance for you and your family
- We match up to 5% of your salary in a 401(k) plan managed by Vanguard
- We share about 15% of profit with employees — distribution is based on recent accomplishments
- We are a profitable small company that has been around for 25 years
- Coffee, healthy snacks, and lunch delivered once each week
Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruiters, please do not contact us.