Alien Skin Software Releases Eye Candy 5: Textures
Raleigh, NC (June 22, 2004) – Alien Skin Software today announced the release of Eye Candy® 5: Textures (Textures), a collection of ten seamless texture generators for Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe Photoshop Elements®, Jasc® Paint Shop Pro® and Macromedia® Fireworks®. The first of a three-part upgrade to Eye Candy 4000, Textures produces a variety of photo-realistic surfaces, including snake and lizard skin, fur, brick, stone and wood. Graphic designers, Web developers and 3D artists can quickly create backgrounds, skins, seamless tiles and more.
Users who rely on stock textures are limited by the contents of their libraries. Textures provides a limitless variety of photo-realistic effects for the cost of a typical stock CD. And, because every filter has a seamless tile option, tiling is quick and easy.
Textures includes settings for over 200 frequently used effects. An improved settings management system makes it easy to scroll through effects. Importing and exporting settings expands the palette.
Textures works with 16-bit images and does not compromise expanded color depth. Color transitions are smoother, with less banding, and print documents reproduce colors more accurately.
- Animal Fur: Simulates the fur of virtually any jungle beast or household pet.
- Brick Wall: Creates a limitless variety of brick, tile and block textures. (New)
- Diamond Plate: Beefs up wimpy text and creates tough embossed backdrops. (New)
- Marble: Creates virtually any style of architectural marble from Travertine to Brecciated.
- Reptile Skin: Reproduces almost any scaled skin using Lizard or Snake (overlapping) patterns. (New)
- Stone Wall: Simulates a wide variety of stonework from cobblestones to residential veneers. (New)
- Swirl: Transforms images into impressionist paintings by aligning spirals and whirlpools with image details.
- Texture Noise: Creates lighting effects, grain and static in photos, as well as psychedelic textures.
- Weave: Simulates woven textures, such as denim or satin.
- Wood: Quickly creates realistic sawn wood surfaces such as pine, mahogany, and oak.
Eye Candy 5 will be released as a three-part series; the first set is Textures. The remaining two upgrades will be released by the summer of 2005. Eye Candy 5: Nature will simulate fire, smoke and more. Eye Candy 5: Impact will include the classic graphic design effects that made Alien Skin Software famous. For those who want bevels, shadows and other classic effects now, Eye Candy 4000 remains available.
The estimated street price for Textures is $99. Registered users of other Alien Skin Software products receive discount pricing when ordering direct. Online delivery is available at the Alien Skin Web site.
Textures is also available worldwide through stores, catalogs, and resellers.
Host Requirements: Textures is a plug-in; it must be used with one of the following: Adobe Photoshop 7 or later, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 or later, Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004 or later or Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 or later.
System Requirements: Windows users must have at least a 1 GHz Pentium III processor, 256 MB RAM and Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Macintosh users must have at least a 500 MHz PowerPC G3 processor, 256 MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later.
Copyright © 2004 Alien Skin Software, LLC. All rights reserved. Alien Skin Software is a trademark of, and Eye Candy is a registered trademark of, Alien Skin Software, LLC. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners. We will never wear suits.